There are countless benefits for adopting a healthier and more active lifestyle.
What’s your motivation?
Is it to:
1) Move Better?
By becoming more physically active and engaging in a regular physical exercise program, the human body will become more efficient in moving in the way it’s designed to. Instead of watching your grandchildren run around the backyard playing, you’ll be able to get among the activities and get whole lot more out of life!
2) Lose Weight?
To lose weight you will need to burn more calories through exercise than you consume with food. The American College of Sports Medicine says weight loss can occur with 150-250 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week. With 10,080 minutes in a week, that’s less than 2% of your week spent moving!
By Partaking in all 3 55Plus videos, and by doing the 2 x 40 minute cardio sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, you’ll be getting 170 minutes of exercise per week!
3) Reducing or Eliminating your Medications?
By adopting a healthier and more active lifestyle, it is possible to reduce and sometimes eliminate the need for prescribed medications.
- High Blood Pressure: The Mayo Clinic States, ”Lifestyle plays an important role in treating your high blood pressure. If you successfully control your blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle, you might avoid, delay or reduce the need for medication”.
- High Cholesterol: The American Heart Association declares, “ If you are concerned about preventing or treating unhealthy cholesterol levels, you should make diet and lifestyle changes. For some people diet and lifestyle changes may be enough”.
- Diabetes: The CSIRO states in one of their articles ,“ Lifestyle modifications – eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly is the cornerstone of any effective diabetes management plan”.
* Please continue periodical medical assessments with your doctor while incorporating exercise, it helps, but isn’t a miracle cure.